Tuesday, June 10, 2003

I think those guys from Asian Dub Foundation have puny little minds. Their heads couldn't grasp what shoegaze really is. Main reason why they find it boring. It's like me, not liking Mathematics. My mind couldn't grasp it enough, that's why I think it's boring. These people have just proven themselves to be too shallow to know shoegaze. Much as they did themselves a favor by saying that on air, they did us too a favor by implicitly stating that despite their being a good band, they're still not up to the shoegaze standards. I should know because I used to be as stupid as them before.

One thing I can say, you can never be against something you don't understand. By simply saying that something is boring, it just goes to show that you know nothing about it and better shut your mouth up. Unless maybe, you think that it would be oh-so-important to confirm your stupidity in public (or on inter/national TV for that matter).

They think they are "the best UK band". Maybe they really are, but only in certain parts of UK that they recognize. Because frankly, I know very well, that ADF was never the best UK band. They're just trying to pull-off another one of those stints like what The Beatles ("We're more famous than Jesus Christ") and Oasis ("We're more famous than The Beatles") did. Look what happened to them in the end. And they were far better and more famous than ADF.

I admire ADF for their guts no matter how trying hard they are by thinking that they could pull this shit off succesfully. They may be good, but definitely not the best.

Well, who cares if they are a bunch of imbeciles? I still like the band.

As for the Sandwich issue, yes, you do have a point there. I actually did Sandwich a favor. And even if their albums are so disposable, the possibility that you presented could happen. Possible yes, but I'm just not sure if it's likely to happen. Might but still unlikely. For me, they belong to the roster of bands that include After Image and Introvoys. People will be embarassed to admit that they once listened to them as years pass by. Hence my line in the article. It really was an insult to be likened to them. I bet they are aware of that already. (and I could definitely go on and on stating point by point on how they really are rather than just saying that they're plain boring..but why waste time and effort on something that is already common knowledge?)

Anyhow, that's not my problem anymore. But I guess they should thank me for the favor. It's bad manners not to do so. :)

No comments: