Saturday, June 14, 2003

Hay naku. You know what? I’m too weird.

I’ve resolved to differ my posting style and try as hard as I can to refrain from putting my personal feelings on this blog. I find that lately I’ve been becoming weirder and weirder with my posts. I don’t think I’m being the “objective blogmaster”, as I had promised at the beginning of this blog. I’m scaring myself. Too much angst and hang-ups. I have a personal blog, after all. So, from now on, I’ll stick to the facts. I’ll allow myself a side comment or two, but only if it is directly related to something that actually occurred in candyaudioline’s experience. I want to stick to reporting and make everything pure and true and unadulterated by my skewed perceptions. As I said, I know this may not be possible, but I’ll try to give candyaudioline readers the information they deserved. Heehee.

Ayn, Ralph and I arrived at Mayric’s a little after 10 pm and so they had to prepare for the set right away. Allan and Roel were already there. While they were doing the soundcheck, I had time to observe the new Mayric’s. It’s very red and very well-lit. It looks considerably cleaner… a bit more…ahem… respectable as entertainment establishments go. But the improvements they made were not bad at all. They have new equipment, a bigger stage and bar, and—more lights! Ack. The lights made me feel a little uneasy, though. I can’t transcend the crowd anymore while we’re performing… I’m forced to see their faces and this makes me even more nervous. It almost feels like I’m starting over again. But the lights did take away the grimy feeling Mayric’s had. Even if Mayric’s seems a lot less “underground” because of them, at least it looks cleaner :)
Anyway, the best thing they did while renovating the place was to take the tops of the old tables and hang them up on the walls. Yep. Remember how bad we all felt when we discovered they had the tops of the tables replaced with black formica? Well, there’s nothing to worry about because now the old works of art will be immortalized on the walls of Mayric’s. This is even better because we can look at them for as long as we want and admire their artistry, as well as their significance in the bar’s history. Naks.

We played around 5 or 6 songs. Ralph’s amp kept losing volume in the middle of the song, but Allan had taped our set and we didn’t notice anything bad, except for the usual tiny little mishaps. Weedisneys played after us and Ralph, Allan, Ayn and I rushed to Marikina where Allan had to oversee a Moonstar 88 set. I think Allan and Ralph we’re talking about possible steps to take for the EP and the band in general on the way. After Marikina, we went back to Mayric’s and waited for Cheese to finish (around 2 am). All of us looked tired from lack of sleep, but we decided to go ahead with our movie watching at Ralph’s new place. Roel had to bring Jenny home, though. We passed by Allan’s house to get some vcds and we also ate at the famed Marlet’s. Yum.

Ralph’s place is cute. It’s bigger and nicer than where he and Charmaine used to live, and they have the unit to themselves. We watched Kung Pow: Enter the Fist. It was really funny, except I couldn’t keep my eyes open anymore after 20 minutes from sheer exhaustion. I just went upstairs and rested. After the movie, I think the three of them talked for a while, then I went down so Allan could show us something. It was the design Putong of Kamikazee had made for the Backstab shirt. He really got them all well… especially Allan and his khaki jacket and wad of money hehe. Gilbert looked a little weird, but you could tell it was him because of the fried chicken leg he was clutching. It was really cool. Putong is talented. Wish we had something like that for candyaudioline.

We left Ralph’s at 6:30 am and went home. I slept until 12 noon.

A while ago, I was trying to work Soulseek but it wouldn’t connect. It said that the server may be down. I hope someone can help me with that. I think that was around 8:30 pm or 9.

No comments: