Tuesday, June 03, 2003

HAHAHAHAHA, Ayn! Roel talaga… nasabihan ka na nga na may practice that night. But what am I writing this for?-- you don’t even look at the blog. And it’s no use addressing you through the mailing list either because you’re not even a member! Sigh. I guess he’s just not the type to “surf the IT wave”, hehehe. Just talk to him in person, everyone.

I was supposed to repent and finally write about Sunday night’s practice, but Ayn beat me to it. Damn. That must mean I really am an ass about my posting duties. Sorry. I’m undergoing a pre-life crisis at the moment. Post-graduation anxieties. Buti sana kung mabubuhay ka sa pagbobokalista lang. So yun. Ngayon lang ako na-motivate to do something remotely productive (even if, in the grander scheme of the universe, this is worth diddly-squat). Okay, I’ll cut my angsty crap now. :/

I’ll just talk about today. Ayn picked me up this morning so I could help her register at UP. I can’t believe I don’t have to do the same thing anymore. It’s both liberating and sad… oh, and scary. Ayn had a slight problem with her reg material. As usual, Filipino efficiency at its finest. But hey… the university never has enough funds to pay people to do things right, so it’s not entirely their fault. Anyway, Ayn had it fixed. I had originally planned to take care of my own university issues, too, but lunch break was coming, and we were both hungry and raring to go to the mall. Traffic was unbelievable (Is this how it’s going to be once school starts? God help us). We had overpriced, under-flavored food (but yummy drinks), then shopped for Tristania’s assorted needs. We had missed the first showing of “Frida” and had to while away two and a half hours. We then had more yummy drinks, mostly because Ayn had to smoke somewhere, peed, and watched the movie. It was good. I like Frida’s paintings. I also went on a horrible rollercoaster ride on my views on marriage. Never mind. I’m at it again.

To cut it short, Ayn and I had a nice girl’s day out. Bonding kami. Saya. Siguro sasabihin na naman ni Allan, “Hindi na naman kayo nagyaya!” Well, that man’s time isn’t his own. Poor guy. Allan, kuwento mo naman yung Pong Pagong thingie.

Kita-kits sa Thursday! Masaya yun.

Oh yeah. I just want to clarify the “glorifying” issue. In the article kasi, I was quoted as saying, “…scoffing at the term is just bad as glorifying in it,” and not mistakenly so. I think I really did say that. Anyway, that’s wrong grammar because “glorifying” is a verb that needs an object, which I didn’t have in that sentence, since “in it” is just a prepositonal phrase. What I meant to say was “glorying in it” or “glorify ourselves with it”. I could also have said “glorifying it”, which wasn’t exactly what I intended to say but is close enough (although, from a compositional viewpoint, this is actually a better alternative to what I originally meant).

Did that confuse anyone? I think it did me, even a little. Sorry, I didn’t intend to sound like a prissy intellectual. I’m just being anal because I was quoted in a magazine practicing bad grammar, and I can’t forgive myself—especially since I used to be an English Major. I know it doesn’t really matter since I don’t have perfect grammar all the time. But to say something like that in print (and I don’t mean electronic print like in websites) is plain humiliating yourself. People read about crap everyday, and you don’t need to add your bullshit for their perusal. Thousands of people have read and are going to read that article. Out of each thousand, at least a hundred will read it, laugh disdainfully and forever think I am a total ditz for my tiny grammatical error. I know, because I am like that. Anyway, a couple of hundred people thinking me stupid is a little too much for me to bear.

God, am I messed up, or what? Um, does anyone recall how I described myself in the first entries of this blog? Hehehe. Shit, man. Hell… does anyone recall what I said I am currently going through in the first paragraphs of THIS entry? Towljah…

Ayn, you must think I’m on some pretty powerful shit, right now… This is worse. It’s neither synthetic nor organic. It’s imaginary. It’s horrible. Something out of Lovecraft.

Allan, pwede na bang pang-album inlay? A la Belle and Sebastian. Haha. Asa.

I’d apologize, but that would be more of my worthless drivel. I’ll just do everyone a favor and stop.

No comments: