Sunday, May 11, 2003

Yes... I think it would be better if you read the article yourself. Actually sa lagay na yon, my description wasn't that accurate still. I also have friends from Mindanao who are asking about the PULP May issue. Siguro in another week, baka meron na yan jan. Hassle lang kasi it might take some time before it reaches there. Tignan mo nga sa Odyssey sa SM Fairview wala pa. Ang taray pa nung babae sa cashier nung tinanong ko. Balak pako isnabin. She had this look na parang, "dimo ba nakikita na wala." Nakakainis. Iniwan siguro ng boyfriend yun. What an arse.

I especially liked Selena's line in the article regarding the term indie that went like, "I didn't really like the term, but then I guess that scoffing at the term is just as bad as glorifying in it." I totally agree with that. The same thing applies for any other term that defines a certain genre or subculture. That certainly was a line that need not be long, but covers a lot in relation to heated debates on "indie."

I also liked Joey's line which ended the article, "even though their sound may be uncommon in an industry saturated with mediocrity, they still are, after all, very much everyday people." It is common knowledge that Joey has this reputation for dissing certain bands (or places--like Millenia. Heheheh) in his articles in PULP. It surprises me that he didn't do just that with us. I say that's flattering enough.

No comments: