Saturday, May 03, 2003

yes, ayn you said that Ralph was there... ;)

hooray for Ayn at nakapag-post na siya ulit dito! sana ituloy na rin ni Ralph at pati na rin si Allan na marami masyado ang gawain. si roel, di na ako umaasa... hanggang ngayon ba naman, hindi niya kino-confirm ang pagiging member dito sa blog! well, maybe it's good that he leave the documentation to us...

so let's talk about the summer slam. as i said ang galing ng venue. Chris and I met Ayn at UP where she's taking summer classes. I think I almost tripped on my skirt (este, Chris's skirt pala) going up AS steps. Charms met us near Casaa and we hopped into Ayn's van to go to Amoranto Stadium. It was heavy traffic along Kamuning and I think we spent around 30 minutes just on that stretch. Feeling tuloy namin na sobrang daming taong pupunta sa Summer Slam at yun yung cause ng traffic hehehe! Finally, we parked at Entre restaurant in front of the Roces entrance of the Stadium. We went inside and had a pleasant merienda of vegetarian pizza and smoothies. Ang sarap ng pagkain dun. The vegetarian pizza didn't taste like one... felt like it had meat-- it was that flavorful. We had to wait for Roel and Allan because they had our passes. They arrived (too bad they didn't get to eat) a few minutes before 5pm, which was our call time, so we had to go straight to backstage.

The place was big. The bouncers were big (but not as big as we expected from the magazine articles). The backstage area was big and there was enough room to laze around before our set. I was suddenly so nervous because this was the biggest crowd I've performed for so far, though the stadium was no where near full yet at the time. Astig yung setup ng stage because there was a hhuge net enclosing it. I felt secure enough that no flying bottle of mineral water can hit me during our set hehehe... it made me feel better, that net. Everything was organized. Things started almost on time and the changes of bands were speedy. We did an almost perfect set, too (I think I was so nervous and anxious for the end that something else came out of my mouth other than the supposed beginning of empty you! But I recovered quickly anyway!). It was great. Like the UP Fair, it was over before we knew it, and the pressure was off us. Parang nung UP Fair, sabi namin ni Ayn, "That was it??" Pero okay rin. We could relax, mingle, eat the free pizza and red horse beer, joke around. Ayn begged not to tell about the Bamboo incident, so I won't ;} All I'll say is that I'm glad Ralph caught it on video! What a moment.

Oo nga pala... after our set, we ventured out into the audience to get some refreshments while waiting for the ones PULP provided. Naka isang baso na si Ayn ng red horse nun eh... we were going back to the backstage area when there came a lull in the middle of The Mongols' set. Sigaw si Ayn ng malakas: "YOU SUCK!" and everyone around her stared. We were laughing... tawa rin siya. I don't think the band heard it, though. Siguro sabi ng audience, "Ano ba yang taga-candyaudioline-- ang sama!" Hehehe... wala, you can never stop Ayn from speaking-- or, in this case, shouting-- her mind... especially if she's imbibed the right amount of alcohol :D

Masaya din... sayang nga kasi I couldn't stay long since I had an early flight to Bukidnon the next day, and we still had to meet some friends, hence the Manifesto entry of Ayn. We had to leave Allan and Roel there... but I think Ralph went back after Manifesto.

Anyway, I'm here in Malaybalay now. I miss my boyfriend and I miss my bandmates. Buti na lang nag-text sakin si Ayn kahapon. I love you, Ayn!!! Hehehe... hoy, Allan, Roel, Ralph, text niyo rin ako!

No comments: