Friday, May 13, 2005

Cavite Historical Landmarks

I believe Cavite was one of the top sites where Spaniards performed executions. The First Philippine Republic was born there too. Aside from the Aguinaldo and Bonifacio houses/shrines, there are several battle sites related to the 1896 Bloody Revolution. If I'm not mistaken, the three priests (GomBurZa) were also executed in Cavite by means of garrote. Hmmm... what else? If you liked Casa de Manila (across the San Agustin Church) in Intramuros, the House of Tirona would be interesting. I'm not sure if the cathedrals/churches there are interesting enough.

I bet it would be worth it if we can all leave Manila at an earlier time so we can spend more time to go sight-seeing and educate ourselves with some history. I mean, traveling to Cavite just to play for a gig won't make this trip any different from our usual gigs here in Manila, so we might as well visit the historical landmarks. Am I right, or am I right?

Allan, the van's stereo is working. But you would have to wrestle with me to get to the disc player. Bwahahahaha!

No comments: