Monday, June 06, 2005

Backbeat Birthday Bash

Okay. So none of us are tight buddies with any of the celebrants last gig (except maybe for Allan), but we sure did have some fun that night, just joking around and stuffing ourselves with some free food and beer, courtesy of Richard. The set itself wasn’t the highlight of the evening, although Allan did think that we gave a pretty decent performance.

Some memorable moments last gig:

1) Food-binging – I swear, that night was mostly about food. Right after our set, some carbonara, spaghetti and barbecue were served on the table, just beside the bar. My bandmates and I started digging from the serving platter. We kept on going back to the table until we were full. I also was able to get myself some free beer. By the time the gig was over, we helped ourselves some more with some servings of cake.

2) Bonding with Ezekiel and Deanna – Judging from my track record in playing with Caudioline, one can easily tell that I don’t mesh with the “new bandmates” right away. Last gig was witness to the exception to this pattern. Just a few minutes after all of us had arrived (except for Dennis who kept the stage waiting for him), Allan and I hit it off right away with Ezekiel and Deanna. It all started with just me and Allan talking about the usual nonsense and before I knew it, I was already alone with the two. This continued after our set. I was surprised to learn that I also have some common friends with Ezekiel (one was one of my closest buddies in one of my orgs in UP when I was still an active member). Deanna was really friendly. I was never close to any of my bandmates’ girlfriends except for Charmaine (now the wife of our ex-guitarist).

3) The Dennis and Ayn Adventure – We had to wait for a few more bands to finish playing before we could leave. During that time, I dared Dennis to go up the semi-abandoned building just beside Mayric’s. He took the dare but on one condition: I had to go up first. I agreed, so technically, I was the one who gave in to my own dare. The second floor was the only level where there were some occupants (dormers). The rest of the building didn’t have electricity and the rooms there were all locked up. By the time we reached the third floor, we could no longer see anything so I decided to take out my lighter which served as our light all the way to the top. You guys should have seen the face of Dennis when I continued on moving up to the fifth floor. He he.

4) He - _______ “__” to me.


5) Marlet’s (the place to be) – The guys wanted to eat at Marlet’s so I tagged along with them. As expected, Ezekiel, Deanna and Dennis ordered some liempo and fried chicken. Dennis continued living up to his "extra rice" reputation. Allan and I settled with the cheapest rice meal available since we weren’t that hungry. I ended up having a tummy ache. I had been eating too much that night.

6) Pasaway – Dennis and Allan rode with me in a cab from Manila to Philcoa. By the time we got to our respective homes (Dennis stayed with Allan), we chatted on YM and continued annoying each other with some audibles up until my internet connection got disconnected.


--

Updates on Myself:

1. We purchased a new oven recently and I've been baking choco chip and oatmeal cookies since then.

2. I've matured enough (in a span of one week) to let go of my frustrations of becoming a professional street hockey player.

3. I've decided to drop the "multi-thousand" deal I had before. I've found a new one. Hopefully, big bucks rin since it's California-based. Siempre, hindi call center 'yun. Something to do with dirt bikes, super cross, motor cross, cruiser bikes, Thor MX Racing... to satisfy my need for speed.

Sana, magka-Harley na ako.

No comments: