Sunday, June 12, 2005

"BABY BOZANIAN"

looking back at the past few days of my being sick, i start to ask myself as to "why do birds suddenly appear, everytime you are here, just like me... " ngee!

seriously, being sick is one condition i really hate to be in. first of all, specially with a case such as mine, it's always life threatening. i remember on my first day (thursday), i could feel my heartbeat banging aginst the skin of my rib. it was beating so fast that if i take out the drumbeat from a Bloc Party song and replace it with my heartbeat you wouldn't notice any difference. the doctor from our bargangay said that i have to avoid coffee for the meantine. guess my "indie-ness" is also being jeopardized because coffee goes well with being indie...also he said that i should refrain from eating meat!!! meat pa - adobo, liempo, menudo, lechon. chiken curry, jollibee... yum yum! that's like life sentence or deprivation of one of my basic rights - the right to be happy.

also, being sick is financially exhausting, in my case, beng paranoid, i would go into self-priscription frenzy always ending up with the wrong choice of medication. by then you come to a point wherein you have to go to a hospital. if hospital fees weren't so expensive i'd love to be admitted. but it is not so. plus the fact that i fear needles. i won't elaborate, my detractors might use this against me in the "Court of Lawkohan".

i feel a bit okey now after going to chinese general hospital last night accompanied by selena, dennis and joel. the ambiance there is really very nice. compared to UDMC wherein the scenario is somewhat similar to any AXN reality tv comercial spot, the one at Chinese Gen is like being interviewed by Conan O'brien while "bubble gang" is rehearsing a scene just 5 meters away...

i feel reborn actually. another shot at a longer life... to my friends who never gets tired of reminding me about my physical health. thanks. kung alam nyo lang... ang nakikita lang kasi ng marami ang yung pag-kain ko, they never get to see my efforts. sometimes i do skip meals, i do light exercises which my current physical state can tolerate. during my bouts with insomia, i abstain from eating heavy rice meals using water or canned juice as alternative just to kill the urge...

so what does the title (BABY BOZANIAN) have to do with this entry... NOTHING!

No comments: