Tuesday, August 05, 2003

Hello, everyone. I’m back. Medyo ayos na yung computer namin so makakapost nako… sa wakas. It’s not functioning as well as before, though. Too bad.

Anyway, who wants to hear about my computer problems? Allan called me up yesterday asking me what copies I had of Softpillowkisses songs. He was worried about the spk gig this Wednesday because he still didn’t have a vocalist. I assume Eloha can’t make it. I was a bit enthusiastic in volunteering… I don’t know why heehee. Baka kasi feeling ko kaya kong kumanta ng ganung kataas. But I told Allan to get me in case he couldn’t find anyone. It would be an experience. They’re playing in Libis this Wednesday.

There were some things missing from Ralph’s post about the last gig. There was that thing Jay said while he was performing (drunk again, as usual ;). He was about to thank the bands who had played before Kamikazee, when he noticed Ayn and me on the sidelines and he said: “Candyaudioline… ayun yung candyaudioline girls, oh… dalawa sila. Kaya lang, mag-ingat kayo sa mga yan, malalakas yan uminom. Pag lumapit kayo diyan, siguradong ubos yung pera niyo!” Shit. Nakakahiya pero nakakatawa. Yun tuloy yung impression ng Alabang crowd samin hehehe. Pero ok lang. Masaya talaga dun sa Rock Radio Café… I mean, it was an ok place to have a gig.

Oh yeah, and there was this other thing Ayn and I did. Everyone was getting ready to go home. The Backbeat entourage was one of the last to leave. While sina Allan were taking care of business, Ayn and I noticed that there was this kid (or high school –aged guy) who kept pacing around, looking at his cellphone and checking the cars cruising by. He was there so long and he was alone… Ayn and I were worried that he might be taken advantage of after we left. So Ayn and I went up to him to offer him a ride home. “Hi,” we said, “Gusto mo, ihatid ka na lang namin?” He looked at us and laughed, embarrassed. He must have thought we were nuts or drunk and really sweet, but I think napahiya siya kasi we obviously thought he was too young to be out at this time of night. But he smiled and said in this certain tone, “No, it’s ok, my car’s on its way already. And I’m only from BF,” that confirmed my suspicions that he was really older than he looked (he looked like a high school freshman). Of course, when we left, he still hadn’t been fetched, and I couldn’t help feeling a twinge of worry for the Little Boy. Oh, little booooyyyy… di you hear your mother screamiiinggg? Did you see the angels clashiiinnngg…. snicker, snicker
Then, afterwards, we ate at Partners Pares and we talked about the EP. We’re definitely going to push through with it, finally. We talked about the presentation and the bonus tracks. We’re only waiting for the funds now (promise, totoo na yan). Watch out for it in September. That truly is good news. And let us all pray that the Manyaks don’t influence Allan to spend all his money on their exploits. For the good of our music, man.

Allan says we might be playing this Friday.

No comments: