Sunday, August 17, 2003

All right. I can finally update the blog promptly because I have fixed my computer. I haven’t been this hands-on with the computer since 2000.

Last night, I had dinner with Chris in Katipunan. It was 7 pm and I needed to get home badly in order to change and study some of the SPK songs for the Moonstar 88 bar tour at Streetlife. We waited and waited under the rain with only a poncho to hold over our heads. I think we must have been there for half an hour before a taxi finally came and took pity on us. I got really wet and I was afraid that my usual sniffles were going to worsen because of that. I dressed and contacted Allan for details about the gig. Charles ended up fetching me at around 9:15 pm… John Paul was with Allan coming from the Moonstar gig in Pampanga and they were supposed to pick Lara up. Charles and I arrived at Glorietta before some of the important Backbeat people. Allan and the rest arrived 15 minutes later.

It was ok. I thought I did a good job because the sound system was better… I could hear my voice clearly while I was singing. Only, Roel approached us afterwards and said my voice was too soft. Allan said the monitor onstage was loud, so we couldn’t have realized whether we were singing loud enough or not. Sayang. Allan told me Acel of Moonstar commented that we sang well, but she said it was a pity that I wasn’t really moving onstage. He told her that that’s really the way he likes it when Pillow performs. Thanks, though, Acel :)

Ralph and Ayn texted us during while we were waiting for the event to finish. Ralph was telling us that we had some durian all the way from his General Santos farm. He wanted us to pick it up after the gig. Ayn was sulking because we hadn’t invited her to the tour. Sorry, Ayn!!! I honestly thought you were too busy this weekend because of your short film, so I thought it more polite not to ask. Well, at least I mentioned my wish to see you guys on the blog, hehehe… Sayang pala, no? Anyway, after the show, Popo of Moonstar brought us to Timog so we could catch a cab to Ralph’s place. We picked up the durian and they brought me home. Allan and Charles and Melanie (this Moonstar fan who hitched with us) hung out at Ralph’s some more.

This morning, Ayn passed by the house for her share of the durian. She was with Jarek, her jogging partner. She looked cute in her jogging get-up hehehe. I suddenly realized when I was handing her the durian how little I had brought home. Even my mom finished what I left here in one sitting! To think that Ralph had said that I could get as much as I wanted… pero nahiya rin kasi ako. Sayang. Sabi pa naman ni Ralph na wala na daw… sigh.

Tonight, we have practice. I am so excited to see my candymates again! Don’t forget to pass by our gigs on the 20th and the 21st! Buh-bye!

By the way… I askd Allan last night about the EP… he said walang problema daw yun. So I guess we have to trust him about that…

No comments: