Tuesday, April 26, 2005

BZZZ...

I kinda feel this is redundant, and i don't have much time to post, either, but i'll try to say something about last Saturday.

I can't make up my mind about Swin Dons and Poopoo Vox (who is actually Chito From Outer Space, so said someone). The first band was lined up by Joel, who technically was supposed to man Buzz Night. This band alternately made me shake and nod my head. On one hand, their instruments were pretty good; but the vocals were sometimes appropriate and sometimes not. My wishy-washiness also applies to Poopoo Vox. Sometimes they sound really good to me, at other times, they kind of miss the mark. I'm thinking it might be merely personal taste... in that case, then these bands are doing ok, cuz you can't please everyone anyway. But if it's an underlying Buzz Night elitism, then there are two sides to that... let's not get into the gory stuff, but I guess, in short, it means we're still trying to go for some form of quality control.

It's from hanging out too much with Allan.

Anyway, I liked Sunset's three-piece, contrary to how everyone else feels (Allan and Ekong like four). I don't know. I enjoyed it.

My Science Project's easy approach has paid off. I'm sure they'll get even better soon.

I enjoyed the candyaudioline set. Any regrets are all on my part because I knew I was much better during practices and so I came down a little hard on myself for tiny mishaps.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
don't believe i played? i really did!

As for my bandmates, however, they did great and many thanks go to them for the great teamwork.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Allan did say that we did well and that we could stand alone at gigs if he ever couldn't make it. That's the trust I was hoping for.

we did play with him on "we've been there", though. faaantastic.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
brandnewaudioline

Tether. Oh man. With a little tweaking on the vocals, they will most definitely be a phenomenon. They were such a force on the stage, and you could tell everyone was wowed. I was joking Dennis after their set, "Sabotage!" cuz he was amazing ;) But we're all really proud of them.

I may have forgotten someone/thing, but I have to get back to work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

kulang kasi yung poopoovox kaya hindi masyado nabuo yung sound ng band kaya ganun... pero pagbalik nila magiging maayos na ang lahat...... rock nroll lang lagi......