Monday, November 10, 2003

S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y Night!

Saturday was a bit blah because people were tired and had problems at work that prevented the night from sailing smoothly. Roel was caught somewhere far away with Cheese. Allan was worrying about the Moonstar Cuneta Astrodome thing and the night’s benefit gig for Allan B. at Music Warehouse Manila. We were supposed to pick Ayn up at Mayric’s by nine but due to unavoidable circumstances arrived there at 10, where she was languishing at a SKA event. Well, at least she had Speedy G. to keep her company hehehe.

When we were about to leave for Music Warehouse, Lara walked in with her boyfriend. She was so surprised to see us and she begged us to keep her company, except that we had to go already. She kissed Speedy G. first, though, as per Ayn’s wishes.

We arrived at Music Warehouse where Moonstar was about to begin their set. During soundcheck, people were dancing to R&B and disco. On our way to the stage, Ayn started pulling me and Allan towards the dance floor. We thought she was joking, until we were actually stepping onto it— Allan laughed and begged off desperately, saying he had to attend to business. I, on the other hand, felt helpless as we joined the gyrating throng. For a split second, Ayn and I just looked at each other crazily and, as if on cue, we started waving our arms and dancing like the others! It was so bizarre! And then, I guess we realized how ridiculous we looked (and maybe we couldn’t really stomach it anymore hehe) so we laughed and made our way to backstage. I wonder if Kamikazee saw us hehehe.

We wanted to be one of the front acts, but Roel was nowhere in sight and we were told to wait. So Ayn and I had two beers each by the rear air conditioners. I started feeling really cold and sleepy and tired. Allan gave me his jacket but I still felt really bad and queasy. Ayn took Ralph with her to fetch someone from Alberto’s but I asked to stay because I felt like I would puke if I moved too much. I stayed at a table near the board so Allan could watch over me from there. I couldn’t take it anymore, so I fell asleep for a while, and when I woke up, I felt slightly better but quite bugnot. Bad trip kasi pag pagod. It was our turn… they told us our set had been reduced to three songs because people wanted to dance already and there was still Cheese to perform. So we did our set. I was kind of sullen, especially since there was this guy who was screaming at us to get off the stage because they wanted to dance already, but I also liked the feeling up there because it was so loud. On that stage, you feel like Supreme Ruler of the World. It was a good set, performance-wise. Anyway, it turned out that Cheese didn’t perform anymore so we could all go home early and those buffoons in the audience could osterize their brains in their skulls to the beat of the house showband’s music.

We decided to go to Klub 102 because it was indie night and people had been texting us that everyone was there. However, we only arrived at around 3 am, and they had all just left. We were the only people there aside from the waiters, Joseph and the two DJs. Allan was depressed about that because he had been hoping to see his friends.

Lara texted Allan so he could tell Ayn that so many guys had thought her beautiful while she was waiting for us at Mayric’s. That brightened her up a bit, but I guess the fact that we were all alone at Klub 102 was just overpoweringly sad.

So… we left after half an hour. And that was quite depressing.

Oh yeah, I took out the zonkboard because it’s supposed to be purchased. Oh well, I’ll try to find a free tagboard elsewhere. For now, kitakits sa mailing list. Join kayo, may link sa taas ng blog. Oh yeah… and I’ll try to return the popdays link someday… it got erased when I cleaned the blog’s template.

See ya!

No comments: