Wednesday, November 19, 2003

Long Night and Not Much to Show For It

We were supposed to play last night at UP, but my powers weren't working and Ralph really had to beg off from playing. When Allan told me this yesterday afternoon, I became so upset because I had my heart set on playing again, especially since it was UP. But, of course, we all have to extend the same courtesy towards Ralph as we did to Allan and Roel-- work is always important.

I got home and went online and found Ralph on YM. Told him we missed him and we were sorry he couldn't play. He sounded very regretful, too, and explained that the company had this big client who needed a project done by this Friday; as of the time we spoke, they hadn't done half of it yet. He sounded really distressed. I told him we understood if he had to work... he sounded so relieved about that. I could tell he really was sorry we couldn't play because of him and that he wanted to if he could. We said bye and good luck and dc-ed.

Instead of us, Allan had Soft Pillow Kisses play. That was also nice because we got to see the Manyaks and Louie and Lara again. Ayn and I decided to tag along anyway. I showed Ayn and Allan where I worked (right underneath the venue) and we all hung out together. It was just kind of boring there because we arrived so early and they all ended up playing at 11:30, 1 or 2 hours later than the original plan. It felt like we had been there the whole day. Not many people were there, probably because it was very early in the semester and nobody knew much about the event. The crowd had dwindled considerably by the time SPK went onstage to perform their four songs. They played a really good set and "Bathing in the Sun" was especially beautiful because it bounced off the domed roof and echoed throughout the hall. Of course, the crowd was really sleepy because they were really waiting for Moonstar 88 and Cheese, who both gave very short but very sweet sets.

Then we went to Pares to eat. People weren't talking much haha... I wonder why. Maybe we were all tired. Some of us had other things on their minds. John Paul and Lara though were really goofing off with their OPM medley, influenced by the complimentary Ginebra San Miguel Blue from the organizers. We then went our separate ways, and who knows what happened to each of our little groups after that...?

No comments: