Saturday, November 15, 2003

Got this off the net

(Allan, sino sha?)

soft pillow kisses/candyaudioline
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Over the course of last month, I noticed one very patient person with a terribly slow connection downloading a shoegaze video off of me. After a few weeks, when he finally got the whole thing, I dropped him a congratulatory line. Got to talking with the guy and he directed me to his music. Turns out he plays with a couple of unsigned bands in the Phillipines called soft pillow kisses and candyaudioline. I grabbed a couple of songs off of him and really liked what I heard.

To give a point of reference, candyaudioline has a Lush Lovelife sound and soft pillow kisses sounds a bit like perhaps The Sundays. Somebody else could probably come up with a more accurate reference. Hardly matters, the songs are lovely in and of themselves. The female vocals slay me. This guy, Allan, is very heavily influenced by Loveless era MBV and early Ride, so if you think you might like something shamelessly influenced by that, then seek out his music. I'll suggest "Felt so Fine" by candyaudioline and "I Don't Know What to Say" by soft pillow kisses because those are the songs he suggested to me.

No comments: