Wednesday, July 23, 2003

Hi. Sigh. My whole hard drive was erased by this stupid virus. Years worth of college work have been wiped out. I know most of it was crap, but I would’ve liked to keep my fiction and my NFNs if I could. Damn.

Well, new life. Chris hasn’t fixed my computer yet but he did make his hard drive functional so we could type and surf the net for really important stuff like checking mail and writing in my blogs. Don’t count on lengthy entries until he gets everything shipshape though.

It was fun last Monday. I actually didn’t know we had a gig… thought that we were going to go to practice so I just wore my pambahay shirt. I was even thinking of not wearing a bra (since I was gonna wear a jacket anyway) and just using slippers. Hey, I didn’t think anyone would care at Alberto’s if I dressed up or not. It’s a good thing it was raining that night because I wore a bra after all and I also decided to wear sneakers so my feet wouldn’t get wet. Imagine my surprise when Ayn directed her driver to bring us to Mayric’s. Whew.

It was traffic along the way because a blackout hit a section of EspaƱa and caused vehicles to knot up at one intersection. We spent around half an hour there, but even so we got to Mayric’s before Allan and Ralph did. Roel was there already, chatting with the Cheese drummer. He let me text on his phone.

We did a surprisingly good set that night. Ayn actually consented to do an old song. In fact, it was Ralph who confessed afterwards that he had forgotten how to play that particular song. But nobody noticed anyway. It was fun because you could tell that some of the people with whom we always play noticed the difference and it looked like they liked it. Ralph’s gadget was shot for the middle of the set, but we still pulled it off. Allan liked the combo of soft songs and heavy songs so much that he wants to do that for subsequent gigs.

Ayn and I had to go early because she still had class the next day. Her mom also arrived that night from Hong Kong. Anyway, all of us at Candy were satisfied with how the night turned out.

Yesterday, Allan and Charles called me up three-way to chat. Allan was teasing Charles about the Streetlife night. Seems he WAS entranced by Ayn and I showing some skin. Hindi namin sinadya yun. Manyaks will be manyaks. Allan had to cut our conversation short because his mom needed to use the phone.

Tonight, we’ll be fronting for Parokya at Freedom Bar. I’m not sure yet, though. Ayn hasn’t texted Allan back. But be there anyway.

No comments: