Sunday, July 20, 2003

Heller. I know I haven't been posting here for the longest time. Wala lang. I was too preoccupied with personal stuff. That happens once you start your own personal blog. Anyway, Selena told me last night that her computer crashed. I hope it gets fixed right away. Since Selena can't be online as of the moment and Ralph and Allan are both busy with work I'll try to sub for her posting duties.

I was supposed to be with Jefkid but he suddenly changed plans. Sayang. Kismet and Karen (did I get their names right?) were expecting to see him.

Last night, we ended up playing third to the last. (Third to the last o third from the last? Toink!) We played after Maple Syrup. Moonstar 88 played after our set then Kamikazee. Shet, tamad talaga ako. Ganito nalang, I'll just cut-paste some excerpt from my own blog about last night's happening.

Last night, we played at Streetlife in Glorietta for the Kamikazee Bar Tour. They say we did a great set. I’m not sure if we really did. Allan’s guitar kept on having glitches. I just found it funny because Joey Dizon of PULP was there to cover the event and he was sitting in front. He seemed like he was enjoying our set. Maybe he really was enjoying it.

Anyway, going back to the gig, Kamikazee played last of course. Jay must have been really drunk by then. He totally trashed Streetlife. Earlier that night, he still seemed quite normal. We were talking about how the place doesn’t allow smoking anymore (because of some stupid ordinance) and he even offered me a cig. I don’t think anybody from our crowd really followed that new rule. We all still managed to smoke there and the floor under our tables was littered with cigarette butts. When the night ended, after what Jay did to the place, the waiters were already too scared to reprimand us and we managed to smoke all over the place.

Jay was so drunk that night, I doubt it if he’d remember now most of the stuff that he did that night. If someone would narrate to him the happenings last night, he would probably just go, “O pare, nagawa ko yun?"

Sometime in the middle of their set, he even threw up near the drums area. He was spitting out cuss words that night and towards the end, he stripped himself down to his undies. He was dancing near our table one time and we could see the outline of his thingies. He he he. But that wasn’t his first time to do that so we’re actually quite used to it. Since it was only their second time to play there (we were also with them when they played there first time and our drummer and their drummer ruined the snare of the show band), the Streetlife management and crew were shocked at him. That was fun.

Maybe next time, they would allow us to smoke there as exemption. That is, if there would still be a next time.

Ayan.

Mamaya ba may practice? Text-an nalang.

No comments: