Friday, February 13, 2004

UP Fair, Feb 11

We played Portia Sorority night at the UP Fair; they had commissioned all the Backbeat Bands to play that night and we got included as a bonus. Before this date, we had been worried because we couldn't contact Ralph and weren't sure whether he'd be able to make it. Thankfully, he arrived at around 8 pm along with Charmaine, whom we hadn't seen in a long time. The show was an hour late, but by the time they started, things were running smoothly. There were some stressful moments on the part of Backbeat management due to bands who hadn't arrived at their respective call times wanting to still perform.

Surprisingly, I wasn't nervous that night, probably because I had already been backstage the 2 previous nights and also because I learned from last year's situation. Ayn and I were really anxious last year, always conscious that classmates or acquaintances would see us. After the performance, which went fairly well, we felt like, "That was IT?" hahaha! Anyway, I felt relaxed before, during and after the performance, which was a first! The only thing that probably gave me nerves was the fact that I was dying to pee right before our set ;) what a horrible feeling.

Onstage, we couldn't really tell… we sounded ordinary, which isn't really a good thing… so we were thinking, "Ok, not a stupendous set, but we're getting through this fine." It was fun, though, and I actually spoke a little, even if it was only to say happy birthday to my friends and to say which bands were coming next. Then we made way for the next band. Some people complimented us on our performance and we thanked them. Allan was still stressed about work so he may have seemed curt to these people at first. We appreciated their comments and were surprised that our set turned out well, after all. We listened to it afterwards on John Paul's camcorder.

We had to wait until Parokya ni Edgar finished before we could leave. Then we went to Pares :D Damn, I can't remember all the funny stuff that happened anymore… got sick yesterday and wasn't able to jot this all down immediately. It was just great to be with everyone again: Ayn was with us at Pares, Ralph is still alive, Roel was there (even if binitin niya kami sa "My Silver Chair" hehehe)… even Charmaine showed up. It was a good reunion.

Buzz Night is this Saturday! I think Carnival Park is supposed to play, too… I forgot to put them in last entry's list. Anyway, just be there and see for yourself :)

No comments: