Thursday, February 26, 2004

The Journey of a Blog

It's such a delight to be compiling the first year's entries of the candyblog. For one thing, there are numerous laughs to be had over all the situations we've been in since February 2003. Also, the candyblog is part of our history, and we all know that we can learn a thing or two from it. The first entries give general information about the band. Some give views of our lives outside of candyaudioline. I know now why some people have come to dislike us, for instance… a post full of blunt observations written innocently could easily have been taken as a malicious jibe. There is a sprinkling of these posts throughout the year, but we can do nothing to change that. The nature of electronic text is that it can be deleted after retrospection, but the impact of it will already have been made on hundreds of people who have viewed it. This lesson, we have also had to learn in a recent situation.

Well, at least we've learned. But I think the main lesson for me is that someone somewhere will always be offended at what any one person says on the Net. I've been reading my very old posts in this blog and I can't help smiling at the funny scrapes they bring back--- this has largely been due to my detailed, if a little OC, writing style. If I hadn't written all those things, the recall wouldn't be as effective. Ayn has written many posts in this way, too, perhaps in an even more detailed manner. If she hadn't done so, I wouldn't have been able to experience how candyaudioline fared during the month of May (when I was in Bukidnon) or how the first Nymphetz Experience went (I wasn't able to join them that time). Some word choices or selected details in our posts have probably irked some people, but this was never intentional. I think that, in the end, this is what matters.

I've noticed that my recent posts have become blah… I don't know, I guess I've been reluctant to expose my thoughts since… well, I'll be honest… The Blog Fiasco (hehe). But sticking to the facts is just plain boring. This blog used to be so much fun--- it was the band's message board where we'd poke fun at each other or invite each other out for a movie (or to Nymphetz!). We used to assume that no one ever read this blog, and that gave us the freedom to say anything we wanted and we could be the crazy weirdos we really were. Now, though, we realize that some people actually do read this blog and so we have to be a little more responsible about what we say. But I think that we've taken this consciousness a little too far in the past months. This is candyaudioline's blog, and we promised to faithfully document all our endeavors, be they seriously musical or nonsensical fun.

I have no intention of offending people, but from now on, I think I'll be more honest with myself when it comes to posting. I am the fricking Supreme Blog Mistress, godammit! Hehehehe…

By the way, check out our archives. I promise that you'll enjoy them :)

*

Alam ko na kung saan kinuha ni Roel yung "American standard" hehehe. Di ba brand yun ng bathroom fixtures???

No comments: