Wednesday, February 18, 2004

Grabe, nakaka-miss…

Ayn and I met up yesterday early evening so I could give her the bass, which she needs for a Matilda gig this week. She suggested an impromptu dinner at Ababu. Over ox brain, we had a nice talk about Buzz Night, Superminty, candyaudioline and the DIY-"indie" dilemma, a topic which was resurrected mainly because JM had interviewed Allan for his thesis again the night before. Basically, we were just catching up on each other. We both miss playing as candyaudioline and hope Ralph would have a freer schedule soon. She said she was meeting up with Charms later that night to watch an independent film where Matilda's music was used for the soundtrack. Told her I was heading off to Pink Noise for Superminty mixing with Charles. The big baby didn't want to be there alone with Jeff sound engineer (Allan had a PUP gig with Moonstar and Parokya) and so he insisted I come along.

I arrived at Pink Noise to discover luie was with him. Tsk, tsk, tsk. Pero ok lang kasi I really wanted to be there during mixing anyway. Jeff was feeling really sleepy and he looked like he wasn't in the mood. He made a valiant effort at mixing though, even if it took him slightly longer this time (two and a half hours!). He was only able to mix "Bitter Art" before admitting that he couldn't stay awake anymore. The song sounded great. We burned Allan a copy and decided to go home. While Jeff was mixing that song, Ayn arrived with Charms and another friend in tow--- they had missed the film showing and decided to crash our mixing party :) Ayn gave me a ride home and that was that.

I feel positive about the Superminty EP because it sounds good so far. I'm sure that when we finish the candy recording, it will give the same satisfaction.

No comments: