Sunday, March 16, 2003

Sigh. There’s just no pleasing some people. Allan is still complaining I don’t write enough. But nothing happens with the band in between my posts anyway! Am I supposed to put my personal stuff in here, too? (Nope, I have another blog for that).

Haha. Maybe I’m supposed to be writing a story about the band… something nice and exciting and obscene and totally… fictional! We’re just ordinary people, you know. We have lives away from the band. Allan is part of Backbeat Management and he handles bands like Parokya ni Edgar, Moonstar 88, Cheese and Hammillan. Roel helps him out with the roadie stuff hehe (it’s a living, ain’t it?). Ralph used to work as an IT/web-developer for some company… but he quit and I think he’s either looking for another stint like that or has already found one. Ayn and I are still students at UP Diliman. So the thing is, when I don’t write in here, were just getting on with our own lives.

I guess it would be interesting if I did some crazy stuff here, as long as it pertains to the band. Ok, I’ll try to think of something by Tuesday, but for now I’ll do some straight reporting. We’ll see.

A lot of people were at Mayric’s last night for the Feminine Force shindig. The NU crowd was there, the female ones, that is. Nandun si Diego kasi tumugtog ang Cambio ;) hehe… pero shy ako masyadong pansinin siya. It’s really stupid, you know… we’ve had conversations before and we’re practically relatives! I guess I just get weird with people I wanna be friends with. Allan said my boyish persona disappears whenever I do that hahaha! Whatever!

We played a good set, according to Herbert. The sound was good. I was really nervous last night and a little paranoid. I was actually worried about singing “Discarded Toy” because it was about a girl who was left high and dry… I was afraid it was in bad taste to sing about that at a night of women’s empowerment. Sheesh… as if being dumped wasn’t a universal experience! Anyway, I was so nervous and all my muscles were tensed up the whole time. Afterwards, I had a really bad backache. God, I should lighten up, REALLY. The rest of them sounded good, though, even to me onstage. Allan scolded me for taking the mic from the front when he deliberately placed it there for optimal volume. I took it in my hands instead, and I kept backing up into the drums (NERVES!), making the mic absorb the sound of the instruments along with my voice.

But we prevailed! Mwahahahahahahahahahahaha! Charms really enjoyed us… (ok ba sa pikit?;)

Kaya lang napaiyak ako sa labas pagkatapos. All the tension got the best of me, and when Allan started on the mic issue, I burst. It was really funny and pathetic of me to do that but I was happy for the release. We looked especially ridiculous because we were outside the bar and everyone could see. Hay naku. Ganyan talaga ako. Madrama. But it sure is fun to see Allan panic like that! Men never know what to do with such outward displays of emotion.

We ate at the Timog Avenue food exchange in front of the Shell station. Obviously, Allan and the great Sir Charles and Sir John Paul just wanted to see the late night/ early morning goods (and this after playing at a Women’s Month celebration!). Still, Ayn, Charms, Ralph and I enjoyed the food. It’s amazing how they can make steak from tuna, and the Zamboanga chicken was simple and amazingly good. Sana dun na lang next time uli!

Expect something weird and trippy for the next few entries.

No comments: