Monday, January 31, 2005

Thor is christian

Yesterday, I woke up with a really bad headache. I couldn't remember some parts of the night before, but I had this really hollow feeling of regret in the pit of my stomach. I tried calling Allan, who was to be ninong at Thor's baptismal, but he was fast asleep. I texted him a sorry and took a nap. I had nightmares.

I woke up at 10:30 for Thor's 11 pm baptismal and I called Ralph up. He gave me directions; 30 minutes later, I was rushing in a taxi to get to Proj. 7. Thankfully, the pre-baptismal seminar was still in full swing (with a really mataray catechist), so I could still proxy for Allan.

Thor was great. He didn't even cry when they poured water on his head, though he fussed when the godparents grabbed his limbs. He's a very good-looking baby with his shaped eyebrows and deep, black eyes.

Ayn couldn't make it because she was studying for an exam the next day. Roel was at ASAP with Parokya. And Ninong Allan was still asleep at home, exhausted from work and a histrionic girlfriend from the night before. Therefore, I was alone in the midst of Ralph and Charmaine friends.

But I had fun. The food was excellent with fresh fruits and seafood from Mindanao. I declined trying the durian popsicles though because they were actually covered in chocolate. Yuck. ANd I met nice people, too. Thor was so cute.

Allan finally woke up at 1:30, and I was so relieved he wasn't mad at me for the night before. I told him I was sorry and that I'd explain everything in full once we saw each other. I then passed the phone to Ralph.

I went to Allan's house and we talked for a while before going to Robinson's Ermita for another Parokya thing. We were supposed to go back to Ralph's after, but were so exhausted that we went home and fell asleep.

Congratulations, Thor, Charmaine and Ralph!

No comments: