Wednesday, July 14, 2004

i will once again expose my internet nescience, mwahahaha!

First, let me just say that I think you had a point there, Allan. Sometimes, we're just too puny against the established authority. Or, we grow up.

**

Anyway, I was looking at our counter's stats and I discovered that the top languages viewing our site are the following, with corresponding hits:

English (United States) 472 Hits
English (Philippines) 44 Hits
English (United Kingdom) 4 Hits
Japanese 3 Hits
French (Belgium) 2 Hits
English (Canada) 2 Hits
Polish 2 Hits
Dutch (Belgium) 2 Hits
English (Caribbean) 2 Hits
Swedish 1 Hits
English (Australia) 1 Hits
Spanish (International Sort) 1 Hits
Italian (Italy) 1 Hits
Korean 1 Hits

I think this must mean something like these are the top languages of the OSes of visitors to the site. Whatever the case may be, the fact that all these unexpected languages show up on the counter stats is amusing.

Here are the stats for my own blog:

English (United States) 309 Hits
English (Philippines) 89 Hits
Japanese 3 Hits
ie-ee 1 Hits
English (Caribbean) 1 Hits
English (Australia) 1 Hits

Again, how weird. And what's "ie-ee"?

Anyway, i'm sure i've misunderstood this all somehow. But it's just interesting to think, "what if?". What if at least one Polish dude and one Caribbean guy have strayed here? That would be surreal. And feel free to set me straight on this, Ralph.

No comments: