Monday, October 20, 2003

Practice Makes Somewhat OK For Fledgling Guitarists

We practiced, we practiced, we practiced! Yay! They let me hold a guitar again (thanks, Acel! ;) So we had four guitars last night and a bit more noise. I was only doing clean tones but I guess the noise part came from my flubbed chords, teehee. But it was so much fun. Allan taught me his super special secret chords (hehe, exagg, pare) and we did a crash course on candy rhythm guitar. Ralph said it added another dimension to our playing. Ayn said I was strumming on the fret area too much. Roel didn't say anything. Allan said I should practice. And I will, I promise, except that I hope someone lends me a guitar so I can get used to the weight and the level of it relative to my arms and other stuff like that. Damn, it was fun.

They went out for a yosi break and I stayed inside to play some stuff from Radiohead (hi, thom ;* hehe). Nag-drums pa nga si Ralph sa "Black Star". I started doing my crude version of "Just" and they all came in again and started jamming with me. It sounded pretty authentic, the way everyone was doing it, and we didn't even have a tab at hand or anything. I'll probably get one on the net just to get chords so (hopefully) we can play it someday. I love that song just because it's so loud and ear-splitting.

After candy, pillow practiced for a while. John Paul was feeling under the weather, so they cut it short. We then decided to go to Pares because we were so hungry. Allan and Ralph started talking about our next recording sessions and maybe making it a full album instead of an EP. They were throwing back and forth ideas on money matters and logistics and it was very exciting because this just may be the real thing. Let's all cross our fingers for that.

Then, Ayn brought us all home. Thanks, Ayn!

Tonight, we'll be at 70's Bistro to front for Parokya ni Edgar. Yehey. Tugtog na naman.

No comments: