Saturday, October 11, 2003

Let's Meet

I met Allan at Glorietta last night where he was supervising a Moonstar 88 gig. I was kind of desperate to see my bandmates again, and I thought that Ayn had already left for Malate without me. Allan said he was probably going to a Parokya gig in Malate after all the Moonstar stuff he had to do, so he said we could probably pass by and see Ayn.

Hard Rock Café gives really good band food.

We hitched with Acel and Danny to go to Intramuros, where Moonstar had another stint. Afterwards, we hitched with Paolo and Mara to Mayric’s so Allan could talk to Kamikazee.

As you can see, it was all about Allan’s business, for the most part.

At around one o’clock, Ayn texted us and told us it wasn’t necessary to pass for her. Sayang din, but we weren’t sure what time we’d be able to do so anyway. So, after Allan was finished with all of his duties, he suggested we hang out at his place and look through his video collection.

I was scared of his dog. But after the initial eager sniffing, he became very placid. He even put his snout on my leg and looked up at me with doe eyes. It was so cute. I couldn’t be afraid of him after that. He also kept perching on the couch’s headboard, as if he were a cat. Funny.

So Allan showed me all the videos he downloaded. Some of them were those isolated hits I used to love from high school, alone in my dorm room: “Girl From Mars”, “Sucked Out”, “Your Woman”. It really brought back memories. And Allan has quite an impressive collection, at least, for me—someone who never really downloads stuff from the Net.

Anyway, at around 4 am, he treated me to a very early Marlet’s breakfast of fried chicken-silog. Yum. But my Royal’s ice had little white flecks in it, so I just opted to drink straight from the bottle, even if it was warm. Then he brought me home. Yehey. Sleep.

Seeing Allan and the prospect of seeing Ayn really cheered me up. The sound trip did, too. I’ve really needed it these past two days. I’ve been feeling jittery and nervous. Kind of schizo. That’s why I was so afraid to meet Milenyo—I didn’t think I could take a hyperactive canine jumping on me and slobbering on me. I thought I’d fall to pieces if he did.

I have very good news, though. In BeTWEEn Days at Millennia will be on Monday and we’re playing. Please be there. We really miss playing and we’d love for you to share the experience with us again. Then again, you can just ignore us. We don’t mind. Haha.

No comments: