Thursday, October 30, 2003

Ayn's Birthday Bash

Last Tuesday, as you all know, was Ayn’s birthday, which she held at Klub 102. We arrived there before Allan and Jeff, but the owner recognized us anyway and he asked who the celebrant was. We all pointed at Ayn and the man came out with this bottle of Cuervo Gold, saying it was a present from them. Ayn was so touched, and we immediately set ourselves up for some shots.

Needless to say, we got very drunk because of those tequila shots, to the point where I did not know what I was doing or saying anymore. I just knew I was having A LOT of fun. I didn’t even notice when Ayn’s other guests started trickling into the bar. The Manyaks were there, of course, and so were Antz and Erick, both of whom had shamelessly cut their indie locks for more clean-cut gelled hair. I remember telling Antz over and over again that he looked like a BA student hehehe. I was sitting with them and SPK at the bar having a beer. While I was talking to John Paul, I vaguely sensed that Lara was up to something. Imagine my surprise when she sprinkled salt on MY hand, and used it to lick, shoot and suck her tequila shot! Of course, since I myself was inebriated, I found that really funny and I told her she had to let me do it to her, too. So she gave me her hand, and right before I did it, she squealed ticklishly. We really cracked up over our crude attempt at “body shots”. We forced Charles to let us lick his hand, too, and that meant more tequila—more drunk!

Hmm… it was Ayn’s birthday and you’re reading this, thinking, “When is she gonna start about the celebrant already?” Sorry, folks, I can’t help you much there. I really was that weird. Only tequila can do that to me. I remember seeing Ayn sort of dazed and smiling serenely, leaning her head on Jihad’s shoulder for support. I’d say something inane to her and she just kept smiling like that. Well, she LOOKED like she had been having a happy birthday… :)

My favorite part was the dancing. We were all soooo drunk. Allan had arrived and had taken over Jeff’s DJ-ing. We went upstairs to watch him and we were just really enjoying the good music. Antz puked in between the giant speakers, I saw him hehehe. And then, Allan played “June”, which was one of Lara’s favorite songs and she started dancing. So I got up and joined her. And we were embracing each other and all dancing like fools! And then I requested for “Deserve” by Trembling Blue Stars, which Allan played, and the great thing about it was that we ALL started singing the chorus… “But as for YOU, as for YOU… you’re everything that I thought you we-errrrre… and I don’t… DESERVE you….” It was so cool. We were just really nuts and drunk and enjoying the music and having fun being together.

It was a pity I had to go soon after that because they tell me Charles did this really funny dance. But it was already 4 am around that time. I said goodbye to Ayn, kissing her CHASTELY several times on the lips. She was still smiling serenely at me.

It was a great birthday, Ayn. Thanks for sharing it with us.

No comments: