Friday, April 18, 2003

So we did the Millenia gig with Kamikazee and Cheese, as Allan said. For me, I thought we performed well… except for my dear, old waterloo, “Felt so Fine” hehehe. But I don’t mind. Nabawi ko naman eh. Ayn and I went home early because I didn’t want to stay out with the car. Remember, Holy Week din nung na-carnap ako.

Last night Ayn took Allan, Charles, Eric, John Paul and me to her house for a movie marathon. As usual, candyaudioline wasn’t complete; Roel and Ralph were asleep, I think. Allan had the bright idea of letting John Paul take us all in Ayn’s pick-up for a drive to the convenience store to get drinks and food. Damn, that was scary. We looked so funny because we were taking pictures with the baby in front of the beer fridge and the Cheetos. While we were driving back to the house, a school of teens on their way to the grotto were milling in front of the car. Charles and eric, who were on the back of the pick-up, distinctly heard some of them saying, “Di ba si Vendetta [of Salbakuta] yun?” hahaha.

We watched “Splendor” which is a trite, perky, less sexy version of “Threesome”. It was ok… kissing men are always worth endless minutes of blah comedy. My favorite part in real life, though, was when Popular Days and Allan were making faces and shuddering when the actors kissed. What the hell is wrong with them? They can like lesbian love… it follows that I can like gay love ;) Anyway, the movie was cute. But I understand why I had never heard of it before.

Next, we watched “The Eye”. That is, they watched it, I just slept through most of it or played with Tristania. I had already watched it with Ayn and Allan, and I wasn’t interested in making myself unnecessarily scared since I was going home to an empty house later that night. Ayn wanted to watch the parts where she closed her eyes (my fault—nahawa kasi siya sa takot ko dati!). Anyway, we finished our beers, our movie, our fundador and moved to the porch. After a lot of begging from Allan, Ayn brought her guitar out and the guys started singing “Upside Down” by Two Minds Crack. Yecchhh. I mean, I used to like the song, man, but that was before they started making it a staple of high school dances and pinoy mobiles. It’s right up there with “Somebody” and “Promise” (Incidentally, John Paul insisted on singing the former, too). They sang a lot of indie tunes, too, which was nice. Allan kept changing the lyrics to make it silly—it was so funny. He has a knack for making instant lyrics that not only sound funny but fit the melody, too. Ano kaya kung gumawa din siya ng gagong song for candy? Ay oo nga pala… tigang pala siya ngayon sa kanta…

Speaking of tigang, ang babastos talaga ng mga Knights na Nagte-Table kagabi. All throughout, may mga hirit sila about their favorite establishment, Romeo’s, and other hints about their quest for libido satisfaction.

We decided to pack up around 4 am. The ride to Philcoa was fun because we suddenly started talking about 80’s one-hit wonders that make you really wonder why they became hits. Examples: “Rumors” (Look at all these rumors…), “Shake body dancer” (Shake, body, body dancer…), “Nineteen six to eight”, “Brother Louie”, “Jungle life (or Night)” and “Rico Mambo”. Alam pa ni Allan yung sayaw sa huli hehehe. Basta, we were laughing about it all on the way home. Sana ganun kasaya yung biyahe bukas sa Subic.

Yehey! Bukas na yun! Wooooohoooooo!

No comments: