Thursday, April 03, 2003

After watching a free German film at the UP Film Center (which actually turned out to be more Turkish than German), Ayn and Chris and I were notified by Allan that we were to practice last night. The next day (today) is for an interview with PULP magazine about the indie music scene and about ourselves. Plus, we are to head on to Millenia at Kamuning to have a one-hour set. So Ayn and I were talking last night about the PULP interview and what it was to entail. She was told that they may have a concept pictorial for us on Tuesday—what sort of concept would that be? I’ve seen PULP pictures… Would they make Ayn and me dress up as dominatrices and strip Allan, Roel and Ralph naked under our stiletto heeled boots? I don’t know… I know that not all PULP pictorials turn out that way, but hey… they probably like the notoriety.

Mostly, Ayn and I were concerned about the interview itself. What to say, what to say? Neither of us were aficionados of the indie scene… and that is what the interview is supposed to be all about, isn’t it? Of course, we didn’t want Allan to do all the talking—and he doesn’t want that either. He just told us that we should answer as honestly as possible… what we know about indie, however minute it is. Anyway, there will still be questions about the band itself, which we know very well, of course. I guess it’s just intimidating. I mean… it is rather exciting for us to be in print, but I somehow prefer the obscurity. And of course, I don’t want to say anything wrong.

Anyway, we had a good practice session last night. I was very relaxed for one, having a beer to warm my insides in that cold room and sitting down on the couch just enjoying… as usual, everyone else sounded fantastic, barring the occasional slip of the fingers. We just wanted to refresh our memories, especially since we’ll have to take from the early songs to fill up the one-hour set tonight.

Everyone was broke so we couldn’t go out to eat or do anything. We dropped Ralph off at home and took Allan to Loft Katipunan to meet someone for business. It was funky because we actually got a complimentary bucket of San Mig Light… so kahit walang pera tuloy ang ligaya. We lingered there a bit and talked. It was a pity that it was already too early in the morning to stay on ‘cause we had a couple of laughs (what with me and Roel and Ayn and Allan cooped up together, with special participation of beer and Chris). Anyway, we went home and promised to be on time for the interview tonight. We might also try for another movie marathon, if we’re not too tired.

Anyway, watch out for PULP magazine’s May issue… we might be there or somewhere. Actually, Allan says me and him got a little pic in this month’s issue for Metallurgica. Haha. Pati sa Summer Slam pic ganun ang suot ko. Yarks.

Kita tayo sa Millenia Kamuning tonight? Tsaka wag kalimutan ang 14th sa Mayric’s kasama ang Soapdish at Blue Ketchup.

No comments: