Friday, June 23, 2006

dear diary

i used to keep journals in high school. i'd write about the highlights of my week in (and out of) school and also even the mundane everyday details of my adolescent life. a good hour before bedtime was spent on recounting what had happened during the day that was about to end.

i don't know why writing down my thoughts and perversions seemed a lot easier then. maybe because i knew i would be the only who'll ever read the things i wrote. not unless, someone broke in to our house and in to my room then forced open the padlock on my beaureau and took my journals for an unknown reason.

how i'd like to be able to do that here in our blog. but i realize, i'm a very private person - thus the need to express my thoughts , then, easily found its way in to the depths of my teenage journal. i cannot do that here. call me selfish but i have developed layers and layers through the years. i seem to lose little amounts of faith, trust, joy, boldness and unpretentious creativity every year.

but i guess, what worries me is what if the evil journal troll-fairy does find his way in to my house and upstairs in to my room? my thoughts and perversions during high school (the golden years, for me) will be lost...used as kindling for a sacrificial bonfire in an alternate universe...

so here's the deal, i will dig up my old journals from their hiding place and scan the crusty pages. i will look for the highlights of my life beginning with my punk stage as a 15 year old girl and share them with you...


...until my next entry

No comments: