Wednesday, September 03, 2003

Hello. I have long been absent, but I’m here now.

That quote from your last entry, Ayn… I say, “Hear! Hear!”

So, Allan has written a new song for SPK. I like the lyrics, especially the twist at the end. Damn. Love sucks.

Bardo, my 14-year-old brother says hi. Nagbobonding kami ngayon. Sabi niya wala daw silang pasok ngayon kasi bobo yung teacher nila. He wants all of you to know that. I’m sure it will be of some use to you someday.

Anyway, I think Allan was able to vent out his feelings while we were drawing on the paper table mat in Burgoo, Rockwell last Sunday. We watched “View From the Top”, which was totally disappointing, and looked around for shoes for him. We were supposed to be with other candymates but they were all tired. At least, with less people, it was easier for him to get the ranting out of the way so he could… ahem… channel his passion more creatively. Tada! New song… (sana nga lang para sa candy!)

Last night, we planned to get on with our candy movie, but SM North didn’t have new movies to show. So Allan, Ayn and I decided to drink our woes away at Quattro and meet up with the Manyaks there. We all ordered macho mugs of course and our favorite chicharon bulaklak… the cheese puffs were good, too. I was drunk by the time Antz of Spring Boutique arrived… I had finished half of my mug and my head was splitting in too. When Charles joined us, I was begging Allan to let me go home, until---------------- Darius texted Allan: “Tara!” Instantly, my headache went away. In a few minutes, we were off to Nymphet’z.

We were ushered into the KTV by this tall lady. Of course, as expected, there was red lighting and skimpily clad women. But I was surprised at how classy the place actually looked. It wasn’t just any KTV (I mean, you know, knowing the Manyaks and Allan, I had certain ideas of places they would probably patronize). I thought, “If this is classy, what would Pegasus look like inside?”

Anyway, the staff was very gracious towards us. The DJ kept greeting us, saying the guys’ names as if they were old friends. He kept saying, “Good evening, Charles… nasan na si John Faul?” and, “Good evening to Allan and the two lovely ladies with him.” Haha. Blush, blush. *snicker* But you know, I’m always a sucker for personalized service.

So we videoke’d the night away. Charles and Antz had originally brought two ladies to sit with them, but they left after a while. Aw. I could see that there was an especial droop to Charles’ bangs after that. I guess we were cramping their style, although they generously denied that fact. They were more pissed that Darius’ friend had retained Charles’ special “friend” for the night. Oh well… they got back at him with retorts through the mic during the spaces between songs on the videoke. Heee heee heee.

We left at around 3 am. We had Allan to thank for shouldering the brunt of the expenses. He bought me an internet card so I could post on the blog.

Hmm, this entry looks a bit short after such an interesting event. Truth is, I don’t want to seem too eager-beaver about this Nymphet’z thing because I AM a girl… and also, nothing much happened, mainly because the guys didn’t have money. I’m just happy that I’m online again and that I can now do immediate updates for the candyblog when necessary.

In BeTWEEn Days is on Sept. 14 at Millenia, Kamuning. Listen to the lovely sounds of Spring Boutique, Popular Days, Soft Pillow Kisses, Candyaudioline, and two more bands (don’t know who).

Oh, I have an interesting note. This morning, my Mom came out of the bathroom singing, “Ho, ho, ho, ho, ho, ho!” ala Parokya ni Edgar. It wasn’t quite the same, maybe a more dignified version, but it shows how “Mr. Suave” is an institution in Philippine pop culture. Egad.

No comments: