Sunday, June 22, 2008

Timog Night Out... Flush Flood... Fush Out...

yesterday (saturday) was kind of a weird day for me...

it was suppose to start yesterday morning upon our arrival from Legaspi since i had plans to shop around a bit but we had to cut short our stay in Legaspi last friday and return by land late in the afternoon of fear of typhoon Frank's wrath... we left Legaspi at around 6pm and arrived in Manila around 5am... it was quite an experience really since me, dennis and kel with pancho didn't get to ride such a comfortable van until we reached Lucena... imagine, amlost 6 hours in a converted L200 with no airconditioning and really annoying passenger jeep-like seats... thank God the drivers for both vans were quite skilled drivers so we didn't have to worry dying through the trip consisting of heavy rains, gusty winds, rough muddy roads and some helpings of diced hopia, tortillos, boiled eggs and c2... having a fully charged PSP also helped a bit...

on to yesterday (saturday)... woke up at around 4 in the afternoon watched a couple of dvd's when i remembered that i had an errand to run so i left the house at around 9pm... on my way to teacher's i received a text message from Shoko (Filipino/Japanese friend of mine who i once invited to sing for Soft Pillow Kisses)
asking me if i was nearby since she was somewhere in ABS CBN area...

Here's a picture of me and Shoko taken last Thursday... She went to the studio in Teacher's Village all the way from UST just to show me her brand new hairdo...


i told her that i was on my way to Teacher's Village and that i could hang around with her if she wanted to... but she was uncertain if she could find time to meet up with me... yet after my errand, i decided to go to timog and stayed at starbucks near burgoo... since it was near where Shoko was just incase she decides to meet up with me... after 30 minutes of waiting She texted me and said that she could not leave her friends and asked me if i could join her there but i thought that i'd be a bit unconfortable since i don't know any of her aquiantances and besides, i was a bit enjoying playing PSP while spotting girls at starbucks... i told her that i had company and i'll just wait for her text if ever she decides to still meet up with me... i tell you, it was really girl's galore night... from sosys to the yuckies... there was even this batch of Koreans who invited me to join their Kill Zone sessions...

i think they noticed me playing alone and quite emotional at that... it was a good thing that my batteries ran out or else... was able to chat with 2 of the girls whom i was quite surprised since they were so fluent conversing in english... good thing i had baon... and do you like to know what we talked about? Movies... i think they were quite surprised at how knowledgable i was with Korean stuff... then they asked me if i had an idea as to what those group of really noisy girls just across the street where into? i haven't noticed it until they pointed it out... Pokpoks Galore!!! and really pretty ones... got another call from Shoko telling me that they'll move to Katipunan and at the same time the Koreans were also saying their good byes... i was so busy talking to Shoko that i forgot to get the 2 girl's number... stupid me... i decided to go home at around 11:30pm...

at home, i got quite annoyed at how the strong winds were hitting the lose end of the school roof just in from of the gate of our place... it was so noisy that my sleepiness left me... so i went online while watching Constantine... at around 3am the light's went out and worse, i forgot to charge my PSP... i went out of the house to get a feel of the storm... it was really scary... it was dark and the wind was really blowing hard and the rains were starting to pour... after about 15 minutes, there was electricity again but the storm was growing stronger which made me feel worried since it'll sure cause floodings if the rains would continue pouring at that rate... went back to the house and conitinued surfing the net... went to sleep at around 7am... at 10am, manang woke me up telling me that water was seeping into the house... when i got down stairs, there was already 2 inches of water inside the house... manang was already able to save some of my stuff from getting wet but it still wasn't enought since the rains were still pouring hard... so we spent the next couple of hours moving things around... it was fun though, i got to see some stuff that i rarely see anymore... brings back fond memories... but i had to be careful since i had an open wound just above my left ankle... i really hate it when water gets inside the house... last time this happened was like 5 years ago...

just can't help but feel sorry for others who had to go thru far worse experience with floods, and typhoons... you can't consider it flash flood since it was inevitable...

No comments: