Friday, February 15, 2008

Candyaudioline At Club Dredd...

Hello Everyone...

It's a good thing that it isn't Valentines no more... I'm loveless you know... But i do have a new crush... It's been like years since i had a crush which almost resulted in my own crash landing... But she's not available anymore... Saw her yesterday again on my way to 711 with her new boy friend... what a sight that was... Oh well, i might as well "swallow the pill"...

Anyways it didn't take away the excitement of playing Club Dredd... as early as 6pm i was all raring to... But i had to wait...

It was at around 8pm when my band mates (Kel and Dennis) picked me up at a restaurant somewhere in San Juan and soon after we went to Fetch Selana, then Rene and Elaine... Upon arriving at the venue, i saw Romel and Along of SonnetLVIII... what a sight that was... Can't even remember how long it was when both Candyaudioline and SonnetLVIII were playing the same gig... Dott of Skies Of Ember who happened to be the events organizer came in at exactly 10:15pm... Hmmmm that was like 15 minutes late... Upon seeing Dott, i asked him if we could start playing because i had to be at UP by 11:30pm... He said yes and told us that we were to play 4 songs but i begged him to allow us 5 songs... He kindly agreed... So off we go... After a few twinkling of knobs and some more gadget adjustments we went full blast... well not actually full blast since "Flaming Walls" was the first song but by the time we stepped on our effects pedal and it was all noise everywhere, i suddenly felt that it was really Club Dredd again... Next song was the "All Smiles / Can't Sleep" combination... Funny because i was having a hard time singing it although i noticed that Elaine was very comfortable which somehow eased my anxiety... The My Bloody Valentine cover cane in next... i think this was the best version we did so far except for the lyrics... i can't really memorize the right sequence... then we did "An Empty You" wherein i was going to let Elaine do all the singing but she gave me a cheap shot to my lower left belly... hehehe, what can i do but sing with her... i wanted to do "Discarded Toy" or "Nearby Town" as our last song but Elaine declined so we did "My Silver Chair" instead... We went off the stage smiling... i think it was a good one for us... Kel and Rene was really tight, Me and Dennis i guess was inspired by the abundance of flesh both in and outside of the venue while Elaine seem to be much comfortable now... I really enjoy watching her trying to contain herself... Maybe if we get a chance to hang-out at a videoke bar i'll bring along with me my Videocam and try to get a video while she's ripping through some of her fave videoke classics...

...I miss Club Dredd... During my Aspirin days and early-Candy... it was the only bar-venue where we could really push the sound limit to the max... The only difference between the Club Dredd (The one at EDSA) of old and the new one is the Crowd outside... I kinda like this one... so many lovely faces by the Eastwood Fountain area... It made me and Dennis smile like a month old puppy discovering the wonders of sex... good thing that i was able to get a good sleep because my eyes was really on tip top shape... i could even spot a beauty from 50 meters away... Sadly, we had to cut the sight seeing short for we had to go to UP... The breaks...

That' that for now... Maybe we just have to stay this way while the sun is shining... Soon the rains will come and spoil the fun...


No comments: