Monday, October 16, 2006

Everything's Alright Forever... I Hope!!!

hello everyone...

in my last post, i was lamenting on the thought of drummer-less gigs and acoustic encounters... last saturday i decided to ditch the idea and gave one of our ex-candyaudioline drummer an unexpected call and offer to play drums again. he instantly agreed... we together with the rest of my bandmates planned a practice that same night... but as fate would have it, the studio was closed for the night and sisnce we're banned at the cubao studio where we usually practice, i decided to ditch the practice and just play mayrics two days later without practicing... i spend the afternoon planning on where to hang-out after the kamikazee gig that night in ateneo which was to be finished by 9pm...

on my way to ateneo, i received a call from eric of mayrics if one of my bands could play that night at mayrics. without thinking twice i called my bandmates - except out vocalist whom i knew would not be available because of her work-sched- and told them that instead of having practice, why not just play at mayrics. they all agreed to the idea... we all met up at an almost empty mayrics at around 11pm. i caught a glimpse of acel (a band fronted by ex-moonstar88 vocalist acel - they were quite good). just when we were prepairing our instruments, one of the bass strings snapped leaving me with no choice but to get maggot's bass guitar from sta. ana. i think acel's set was about to finish by the time were at maggot's place. while waiting for maggot inside the cab, i tried calling mavi informing her that we were to play at mayrics with the intention of giving her an idea that she could still catch up with us since me and maggot were still in sta. ana. she told me that she'd try to catch-up but she'll just watch us play. so me and maggot rushed back to mayrics where we found dennis and our balik-candy drummer has already finished setting up. also to my surprise, there was a crowd of about 30 people or so. this got me nervous so i rang up our vox a couple of times but she wasn't answering. so i went up stage and nevrously did 3 and a half songs. by the middle of the forth song "waste my time" i caught a glimpse of our vocalist seated at the back and hiding so i gestured at her to come on stage which she and and from there on, we did about five more songs... i guess the crown enjoyed our sort of funny set, with all the amps fucking up at times...

so now we're complete again...

welcome back Kel...

1 comment:

Mavi said...

💚💚💚