Tuesday, March 23, 2004

yes, i am alive and yes, i am back

to say that i had a hellish past month is an understatement. that dreaded four-letter word consumed so much of my time. amd with all the stress i had to put up to, the trip to caliraya has been a very welcome breather. t'was not yer regular spa, but it served its purpose. dips in the pool and nature's fresh air played a lot in "de-toxifying" me. hehehe.

the gig last night was another welcome change. i haven't touched my guitar nor a single string in over a month. medyo paranoid nga ako that i might be rusty during the performance. when roel still wasn't there by the time moonstar was into their last few songs, i went back to my panic boy state. and like selena said, good thing he made it just as moonstar were on the last bars of torete.

on stage, all i could hear was allan's guitar, ayn's bass, and roel's drums. i had to turn my volume up to 9 so i could keep up. hehe. not the tightest of set, but we pulled it off... considering that i haven't played with them since UP Fair. this time around, i felt confident with my tone since my favorite mayrics amp... the fender something amp, was back! allan used a stereo setup, figures why he was that loud. Playing Something Wrong aka La Pa, IMHO, was a highlight in our set, although i fumbled quite a bit on the instrumental part.

by the time we finished, everyone kept complimenting us on a nice set. "balanse", "galing", "swak!" were some of the nice words i heard the other bands say. herbert kept asking me what effect i used on La Pa, which really boggled me too since i couldn't explain it well - that i just stumbled upon it while playing around with my effects box.

i also chatted with buwi before i left, and told him something i haven't told the candy guys about yet. so, i guess i have my "own scene" too. *hint* *hint* hehehehe.

No comments: