Thursday, August 13, 2009

Brain buzzing

It's been 3 weeks nearly closing to a month since I joined Candy. To tell you the truth, I'm still overwhelmed that I'm actually singing with them. And yes, I won't deny the fact that I'm indubitably new to the whole scene.

I will never forget the time when I attended the first practice with them. I still find it funny that I was hushed and that I was all shaky the whole time. I guess I was still adjusting and feeling out every member. Nonetheless, I guess it was obvious that I was very conscious of how I should sing their songs that I made sure I took down notes for every song we practiced that night. The next day was my first time to sing with them in front of a crowd - hell, it was nerve-racking. I tried holding the lyric sheet by hair's breadth. I had it recorded on video and I could barely watch myself. I was out of tune and I couldn't even hear myself singing at all. In spite all that, it was relatively a very good experience for me.

Weeks passed and we had lots of late night practices and a couple of gigs scheduled in different places. Within that period, I was already able to adjust with all of them - Allan, Dennis, Rene, Gotheng (even if I've just been with her twice), and Jeff (obviously). I quickly got the hang of their behavior of scrutinizing things - even me. I guess they were surprised I was having fun messing around rather than being all sensitive about it. I even find it funny when they said I looked like Scrat or that I should play the guitar-like keyboard the way Jimi Hendrix did. I'd laugh it off and get back at them after. Priceless.

I don't dismiss the verity that for every time we had a gig or a practice I get so tired that when I get home I flump right into bed. It'd take me 2-3 hours of sleep before I get up to work. I barely get enough sleep.

But, it's all worth it.

I'd wake up in the morning - all re-energized and uberly happy, regardless if I wasn't able to rest much. It was the music and at the same time I'm enjoying the company of new friends. This is long enough and I'd keep this short, I might get too melodramatic. It's that - I am happy. I know I still have much to learn and experience with the band and yeah, I'm excited just thinking about it. So yeah, to Allan, Rene, Jeff, Dennis and Gotheng - thanks for bringing my sanity back. I'm looking forward to more music-playing with all of you :)

5 comments:

siegfriedo said...

Cynthia Rulezzz!!!

Candy Woo said...

Yebah hehe :) Nakakatawa Cynthia hihi :)

Anonymous said...

very well said.its like reading a complete candy's audioline biography...naiyak ako

siegfriedo said...

Tulo sipon langhap laway....

Candy Woo said...

Wow talaga Jeff? Haha ang galing ko pala magsulat. Hehehe.