Thursday, December 23, 2004

Buzz Night for December

Hey, friends! Buzz Night is this Sunday @ Mayric's! :) 10 pm!

Well, Allan's very old band won't make it to Buzz Night because Kerwin suddenly has a Parokya job on that night. Too bad. But since the members are now open to the idea of a reunion, it's safe to say that we can look forward to them trying again at a Buzz Night to come...

Hopefully, Sonnet LVIII can still make it. They're practicing for it, that much I know, but you can never tell what might come up.

I'm still very excited about Buzz Night because we will be playing. But--- oh geez, I forgot. If Kerwin can't make it, this must mean that Roel can't either... and so Scarlet Tears might not make it, too! Well, we'll see. For Candyaudioline, we can still play with a sessionist, and there isn't a shortage of bands for Sunday night. I'm confident everything will be fine :)

Merry Christmas!

Here's the tentative lineup:

Candyaudioline
Sonnet LVIII
Tether
Scarlet Tears
Sunset Drive
Popular Days (maybe, but it depends if Ian can get to Manila by then)

Poopoo Vox


It's not a hundred percent sure yet, but why not surprise yourself by showing up? :D

Yipee. Christmas party.

+++

Colegio de Sta Rosa was great. We were all there: Roel, Ralph, Ayn, Allan and I. We played a kickass set and the crowd was good. I felt so comfortable onstage, but the others weren't because the monitors weren't working so well. They persevered, though, and the sound came out right. I could hear everything. It was wonderful. Allan felt SO good. He said the stress of trying to contact Ralph for the gig was worth it, after all.

I was just trying to view that video that Ralph posted from our first (or second) Kafe performance. I've realized that I didn't used to have a butt before! Ang payat ko! Now my butt's so big hehehe. It's so funny to see how much I've changed in some aspects, like my appearance and my singing (slightly better now, i think). My cropped hair used to fit me (don't you think I heavily resemble someone in particular from the old pinoy indie scene? I do! haha!), but now I'm sick of it. The anxiety and stage fright of that time comes back to me while I watch that video... however nervous I appeared to be there, multiply that a hundred times and you'll get a sense of how psychotic my thoughts were while singing in those early days. The horror! It's simultaneously amusing and disturbing to watch that video.

Does having a butt outweigh the benefits of wearing anything you like? ;P I'm still figuring that out. Somehow, I like myself better now.

No comments: