Saturday, May 22, 2004

UDMC episode errata and appendix

Errata

Hoy excuse me ha… hindi accurate yung pagportray mo sakin sa isang scene diyan! I wasn’t asking you to be admitted so I could manyak you. I was actually hinting at manyakan to convince you to stay at the hospital so you could get the proper medical attention! It was a tool, nothing more. Hehehe.

Appendix

Allan forgot to talk about one scene there, but I guess only I could properly portray it because I saw everything.

Allan was still talking to the doctor with bigote about the consequences of foregoing confinement when the nurse came in to give him his anti-tetanus shots. He gave Allan the one for the left arm, which immediately stopped Allan in mid-sentence. He slapped his hand to his face and muttered a withering, “Oooowwooww aray…”

That shot obviously left him weakened, but he still tried to talk to the doctor. Unfortunately, it was such a curious thing to see him wilting at the needle’s mercy that the doctor and I couldn’t help but fall silent and watch just as the nurse jabbed it into Allan’s right arm. All Allan’s attempts to distract himself were for naught and he felt the pain. He heaved big, whimpering sighs.

The nurse rubbed Allan’s arm. “Masakit ba? Hindi naman eh.” He left. The scene instantly reminded me of patronizing pediatricians of early childhood.

The big ones fall the hardest, don’t they? ;) Needless to say, against mine and the doctors’ wishes, Allan chose to take his antibiotics orally.

Ahwuhwuh nuhmaahhhn!

No comments: